Advanced Certificate in Project Management
Advanced Certificate in Project Management: ACPMTM
Specifically developed with a range of cross industry exercises
Different individual industries have many unique skills and disciplines throughout, however the fact remains that the discipline of Project Management must not only transcend these unique skills but also draw on them to deliver a successful final result. Whilst there are many basic methodology based courses around there is not enough ‘general project management’ training that covers the key management aspects of project management above and beyond the basic processes.
This ACPMTM course was developed, as a result of many industry discussions, to raise awareness amongst cross industry project professionals about the ‘bigger picture’ of Project Management, where perhaps they have not had any prior experience themselves, but need to know more.
ACPMTM therefore is a toolset and methodology independent framework developed to increase delegates’ personal abilities and project management skills. It and will provide delegates with the high impact skills and techniques to immediately allow you to manage efficiently and effectively in any environment. ACPMTM is a highly interactive learning experience, taught by seasoned Project Management professionals with cross industry experience, and the course materials are supported by topical and very challenging industry based exercises which are carried out in teams, followed by a 2 hour open book examination.
On completion of this five day training course and the corresponding examination, deleagtes will receive the Advanced Certificate in Project Management which has been independently and accredited by Qualifi, an official UK Government recognised awarding body.
BENEFITS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS GAINED BY ATTENDING THIS ACPMTM COURSE:
- Gain an accredited Certificate approved by a UK regulated body – Advanced Certificate in Project Management (ACPMTM).
- Use ACPMTM on your business card and on your resume.
- The ACPMTM shows that you have completed a recognised accredited project management training course and that you have been taught the skills and experience to manage projects effectively.
Benefits of attending
By attending this highly interactive course you will learn:
- Advanced techniques for identifying, dealing with and communicating with Stakeholders;
- Techniques for identifying and mitigating risks and issues;
- Advanced communication techniques;
- Techniques which help project managers become more situationally aware and able to predict and prevent problems before they occur;
- Techniques to recruit and select the best people for your project team
- How to deal with imperfect team structures that you may inherit, and
- How ACPMtm will guide you through the complexities of Personality Profiling and how you can use this enhanced awareness to communicate and manage more effectively.
Who should attend?
This highly practical and interactive course has been specifically designed for:
- Project Managers
- Operations Managers
- Executive Directors
- General Managers
- Divisional Heads
- Head of Training
- Head of Human Resources
- Area Managers
- Project Directors
- Project Engineers
- Drilling Engineers
- Production EngineersPlanning Coordinators
- Project Leaders
- Team Leaders
- Procurement Managers
- Risk Managers
PLUS anyone who is involved in project work and wishes to enhance their management skills
Meet your expert course trainer: Karl Brookes, B.Sc, M.Sc
Karl has more than 15 years’ experience in developing and delivering projects and strategies that change behaviours and achieve corporate objectives in sophisticated Supply Chains and procurement functions. Graduating in Politics and Sociology from the University of Salford, Karl joined the Civil Service, before working with prestigious clients such as DHL, The NHS Logistics Authority, Barclays and TNT. Returning to education, he gained a Masters from Manchester Metropolitan University, and was elected to help run the Students’ Union. In addition to being a Guest Lecturer for the Business School of University of Central Lancashire, Karl has written articles on various topics including, financial and energy consumer rights and developing property. A skilled leader and deliverer of transformational strategies, Karl is adept at working effectively with employees at all levels in different sizes of organisations. As a trusted ‘safe pair of hands’ in a crisis, Karl has built up many years of experience, coaching and delivering training in key corporate areas such as:
- Procurement, Strategic Supply Chains, Value Chains and Smart Management of them.
- Raising the Bar: Making the change from Supply Chain to Value Chain
- Fleet Management, Resource Management and Utility Management
- Operational Contingency, Change and Crisis Management
- Emotional Intelligence, ISO Implementation, Media Relations, Marketing
- Private Finance Initiative (PPP), Project Management Techniques e.g. Prince 2 and; Management Skills Development.
- All Business Management Training Group (BMTG) Ltd training courses are accredited and approved by Qualifi, under the UK Regulatory Framework.
- The BMTG, portfolio of Learning Programmes, has been fully accredited by Qualifi, an official UK Government recognised awarding body.
- In addition, Qualifi has approved BMTG as an Accredited Centre which reinforces our commitment to assuring the highest recognised Quality Standards in delivering and assessing Programmes internationally.
- BMTG will continue to explore and evolve our accreditation framework to meet the demands of our Partners and delegates.
- Visit www.bmtg.org to learn more about BMTG.
- Qualifi is a UK regulated awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications and assessment to schools, colleges, employers and other places of learning in the UK and internationally. For more information, please go to www.qualify.net.