The Leadership Bootcamp
Effective leadership is more than just management – it builds on managerial skills. A good leader offers direction to people, gets them to share their vision for the business, and aims to create conditions for them to achieve great results.
This program of intensive online sessions focusses on exploring and mastering those skills and knowledge that will comfortably take your leadership skills to the next level. Participants will gain valuable insight into what drives individual behaviour, how to pinpoint the cultural style of your organisation and understand its inherent cultural strengths and weaknesses. Together, we will explore team dynamics in the context of the culture, look at functional and dysfunctional behaviour and how dysfunctional behaviour can be reshaped.
In these sessions, you will learn how easy it is for the leader to unwittingly set people up for failure and how this can be avoided. We will investigate motivation, reward and identify strategies to get the best from the team. Finally, you will spend time planning action what you want to change when you return to your workplace.
Benefits of attending
- Learn the tools of influence
- Understand behaviours at work
- Explore corporate culture
- Learn to lead and motivate your team
- And much, much more…
Who should attend
Who should attend
- Those who need a deeper understanding of what drives individual behaviour and group dynamics
- Those who need to hone their influencing skills to get results that matter
- Those about to embark on leading a change programme within their organisation
- Those who want to develop their own leadership skills and learn how to get the most from your team
This program will be delivered through our online classroom, with supplementary and supporting materials being available from our online Learning Management Portal. Our Leadership Bootcamp Program is approved by The Institute of Leadership & Management
By engaging in an approved programme, it will:
- Carry the Institute Seal of Approval and Quality
- Benchmark and quality-assure your training.
- Add credibility and value to your development work.
- Increase staff engagement with your programmes.
- Validate your investment
- 5 days, 4 hours teaching time per day.
- Total of 20 hours of teaching + self-paced learning.
Managing yourself and your productivity
- The roles & responsibilities, and complexities of the manager
- Understanding Emotional Intelligence – assessing and understanding your own preferred style
- Become and effective communicator
- Time management essentials
- Getting the most out of meetings
Establishing the difference between management and leadership
- Reviewing alternative approaches to management
- Identifying the impact your leadership and management style has on your team
- Learning that personality styles and assigning responsibility are linked
- “Managing” versus “Leading” – mutually exclusive options?
- Team development
- Characteristics of high-performing teams
- Building a coherent team
- Identifying and understanding major motivational theories
- Delegation and empowerment
Vision, Direction & Alignment
- Creating a shared vision
- Aims, objectives and goal alignment
- Developing meaningful objectives and indicators
- Communicating a compelling vision
Managing people and change
- Theories of change: why we find change difficult
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Difficult conversations and conflict
- Develop a personal plan of action
MBA, DMS, FRSA, FCICM, FCMI, FITOL
Jeff Lockhart is an international training consultant, specialising in Finance, Leadership and Management Development. Jeff studied at Sheffield Business School in the United Kingdom obtaining a Post Graduate Certificate in Management (PgC) in 1992, a Diploma in Management Studies (DMS) in 1995 and a Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) in 1996.
Jeff is a Fellow of the Royal Society for the Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (FRSA), the Chartered Institute of Credit Management (FCICM), the Chartered Management Institute (FCMI), and the Institute of Occupational Learning (FITOL) and a Member of the Institute of Directors (MIoD). Mr Lockhart is also a PRINCE2 certified Project Manager.
He is a highly experienced Trainer and Management Consultant, with extensive knowledge of finance and business management within a multi-disciplined and multi-cultural environment. He has held several senior level positions for industry-leading international businesses and, since 2001, has operated as a consultant to businesses in the UK, Azerbaijan, Russia, Bulgaria, Kuwait, Oman, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, India, Malaysia, China, USA, and New Zealand.
MEd, DMS, FCMI, MIoD
Rick Bond is an international training consultant, specialising in Leadership, Management Development and Coaching. Rick studied at the Jordanhill College in Glasgow, where he obtained a Teaching Qualification in Further Ediucation (TQFE) in 1985. He attended the University of Abertay Dundee, graduating with a Post Graduate Diploma in Management Studies (DMS) in 1994. He continued his studies at StIrling University, where he graduated with a Masters Degree in Education (MEd) in 2004.
Rick is a Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (FCMI), and a Member of the Institute of Directors (MIoD). Rick is the former Head of Faculty of a Scottish Further Education College and is an industry-leading trainer in Leadership, Management and Coaching. His management experience extends over a 30-year period and includes the management and leadership of a teams ranging from small project to international multi-functional teams. He has worked extensively in the Baltic States, Russia, Ukraine, India and China.
The Institute of Leadership & Management
The Institute of Leadership & Management
The Institute of Leadership & Management are much more than just a professional body. With an active community of over 40,000 leaders, managers and coaches, they create award-winning e-learning resources, and undertake practical research to support individuals and organisations in developing, and inspiring, great leadership everywhere.
Benefits to learners
Learners will become registered, giving them access to Studying Membership of The Institute of Leadership & Management. This means they will have access to The Institute’s unique, curated library of online leadership development resources via its award-winning e-learning tool MyLeadership. MyLeadership comprises 49 components, which cover all aspects of leadership and management. Successuful completion of the programme will entail learners to access membership at that grade with the Institute, and post-nominals AMInstLM.
Benefits to your organisation
The Institute of Leadership & Management is the authoritative and trusted 21st-century partner for your organisation. Their flexible and cuttingedge approach to leadership development delivers the highest quality, independent and interactive learning environment within a community that thrives upon the latest leadership thinking.
Great leadership development enables you to…
- Unlock potential
- Push boundaries
- Build and sustain agile businesses
- Stand out from your competitors and colleagues
- Attract and retain skilled, high performing people
Download Brochure and Articles
To learn more and view the course outline fill the form below to download the brochure and related articles.