Effective Data Analysis
Effective Data Analysis
For Successful Business Decisions
The understanding of any enterprise and the basis for many decisions revolves around the basic understanding of the data involved.
This four-day course is intended for people who want to put the ideas and concepts of data analysis and interpretation into effective use in their organization. Concepts of corporate measures such as:
- Critical success factors
- Key performance indicators
- Sensitivity analysis, are also covered
Furthermore, the methods needed to make these ideas practical are discussed in exercises. Concepts such as measures development, statistical interpretations, strategic data analysis, business intelligence and scenarios are discussed along with newer techniques such as tornado diagrams for sensitivity and text mining. Techniques such as decision mapping are introduced as the context for decision-making and measures.
A laptop or sharing of laptops is required to work on the exercises that are part of the workshop.
All course attendees must meet minimum testing standards including in-class exercises to receive certification (75% is the passing grade).
Benefits of attending
By attending this highly beneficial course, delegates will learn how to:
- Apply statistical techniques in a constructive manner to improve operational understanding
- Illustrate the relationship between decisions and data
- Interpret how data analysis and business performance are related through measures
- Design methods that analyze operational performance
- Demonstrate how to use data to help understand and manage the business on a strategic level
- Use that data to compare yourself to competitors and other companies
- Define how uncertainty can be incorporated into decisions
“On the job” benefits
- Use specific formulas for operational analysis
- Prepare methods of analysis for performance
- Modify existing operational methods for improved performance
- Summarize data in an easy to explain manner for management
- Explain the use of statistical methods in business analysis
- Teach others how to use basic operational formulas
Who should attend
Who should attend
- Business Analysts
- Executives and Managers
- Financial Analysts and Planners
- Process Analysts
- Operational Analysts
- Auditors – involved in Operational Analysis
- Engineers – invlolved in Project Planning and analysis of alternatives
Plus everyone who is involved with quantitative decision making.
Meet your expert course trainer: Frank Kowalkowski
Frank Kowalkowski is President of Knowledge Consultants, Inc., a firm focusing on business performance, business analytics, data science, business architecture, big data, business intelligence, predictive analytics and statistical techniques. He has over 30 years of line management and consulting experience in a wide variety of industries. He has been involved with many projects both as a user and purveyor of business analytics. He has worked projects in state and federal government dealing with back office operations, legislative compliance and regulatory compliance. He has worked on the federal level with the national defense department, Coast Guard for drug interdiction and other projects. His background includes a number of industries including manufacturing, distribution, supply chain, banking, insurance, financial institutions, health care, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas and chemicals.
More recently Frank has been involved in conducting workshops, professional training sessions and assessments of architecture, data science, governance, compliance, risk and process management efforts. He also develops algorithms for analytics tools particularly semantic algorithms as well as data analysis techniques. He is often a keynote speaker, panel moderator and member at international conferences as well as a conference chair, he has written numerous papers and spoken at conferences on a variety of business subjects. He conducts frequent seminars nationally and internationally on a variety of business management, analytics and information technology topics.
He is the author of a 1996 book on Enterprise Analysis. His most recent publications are a featured chapter in the business book “Digital Transformation: Using BPM You Already Own.” for publication in 2017. His chapter is titled “Improve, Automate, Digitize”, he also has a chapter in the business architecture book titled ‘Business and Dynamic Change’ June, 2015 and a chapter on semantic process analytics in the book Passports to Success in BPM published in 2014 all are available on Amazon.
Knowledge Consultants. Inc. (KCI)
Knowledge Consultants, Inc. is a professional services firm founded in 1984. KCI provides consulting and professional education services. With over 50 courses taught worldwide, KCI provides the opportunity to develop core strengths in the following certification areas:
- Process Management
- IT Management
- Business Performance Management
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Techniques for Business
- Business and IT Architecture
KCI has expanded its training and consulting efforts internationally into Europe, Southeast Asia and the Middle East. KCI has an outstanding list of current and past clients including many of the Fortune’s 100 companies.
Consulting focuses on the key areas of Business Performance Management, Process Management, Business and IT Architecture, Business Analysis, Using Analytic Techniques for Performance Improvement and IT Management.
Download Brochure and Articles
To learn more and view the course outline fill the form below to download the brochure and related articles.