Freight and Cargo Management
International trade has been conducted by many companies for many years- in more recent times however, the growth in international sourcing/importing has meant that many companies have found they do not have the appropriate knowledge and know how. This training programme looks at the essentials of international trade and freight transport and logistics management. It will give a structured approach so you can analyses and then improve your international trade and freight operations.
This course is developed for:
- Those having some responsibility for buying from overseas and for forwarding/import activities.
- Traffic managers, forwarding managers, shipping managers, logistics/supply chain managers and expeditors.
- Existing managers/supervisors, who need a “confirmation” of their current operation
- Supply, Buying, Purchase, Logistics, Materials and Supply Chain Managers
- Those who are looking for business gains and benefits from managing their supply chains more effectively
Benefits of Attending:
- Gain the financial benefits that effective international supply chain management can bring
- Determine how time “secretly” builds up in supply chains and that time is cash
- Be able to understand, recall and apply improvements after the seminar for work base application
- Apply best in class practices
- Understand the role of forwarding agents in international trade
- Understand transport and shipping operations
- Examine operations for cost/service improvements
- Control operations effectively
- Apply models for ongoing improvement programmes
- Examine financial benefits
- Analyse lead times
- Identify and understand cost / service improvements
- Succeed in improving operations