Professional Leadership Skills
Professional leadership skills
People need leaders that motivate, inspire and develop them.
They want authentic leaders who identify and reward commitment and achievement. In short they need leaders that lead. Leadership is the decisive ingredient in the modern, dynamic, successful businesses. Without great leadership, businesses will never unlock the power of their employees; projects will never leverage optimum results and profits will never reach the levels of the global best.
As businesses grow and develop, leadership becomes the key to business success, the key to cultural brilliance and the driver of personal success, authority and power.
Ask yourself a question: Why should people follow you? There are great leaders to be found in many businesses, become one of those great leaders now!
Benefits of attending
By attending this interactive course you will be equipped with the skills to
- Recognize the value of great leadership to the success of your career, your team and your business
- Develop and demonstrate your personal leadership ethos and style
- Develop the drive and energy to achieve exceptional results
- Leverage relationships to generate individual, team and business achievement
- Drive continuous improvement by raising performance standards of those around you
- Develop an action plan that will drive, change, and improve your leadership effectiveness
Who should attend?
This highly practical and interactive course has been specifically designed for:
- Business Unit leaders
- Area Managers
- Team Leaders
- Project Leaders
- Executive Directors
- Project Managers
- Administration Managers
- Operations Team Leaders
- Project Directors
- Project Engineers
- Drilling Engineers
- Production Engineers
- Planning Coordinators
- Team, departmental Supervisors
- Procurement Managers
- Management Consultants
- Risk Managers
- HR and central services team leaders
- Health, Safety & Environment directors, managers and team leaders
Plus: anyone who has management or leadership responsibility at any level, in all types of corporate businesses!
Meet your expert course trainer: James Shirreff
James has 25 years experience as a communication skills/management development trainer with wide international experience. He is a specialist in international presentation skills, business writing skills, negotiation skills, and cross-cultural communication. He has designed and run successful programmes for blue chip companies, the professions and the public sector in 60 countries in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Africa, Australia and Latin America. He is based in Brighton, and has lived in Kenya, Sudan and Italy.
He has worked extensively with many business sectors, including oil and gas, insurance and reinsurance, medicine, telecommunications, financial services, logistics, information technology, electronics, aerospace, pharmaceuticals, engineering, health and body care, food and drink, and consumer goods. He has also worked with public sector organisations and the voluntary sector.
In the past two years, he has delivered training programmes that include international presentation and negotiation skills, influencing skills, international teambuilding, remote team working, leadership, facilitation skills, business writing skills, international communication skills, working across cultures and working with specific cultures (the Italians; Swiss; French; Germans; Arabs; Indians). He leads team of trainers at big events for the oil and gas, engineering and pharmaceutical sectors.
James believes strongly in making his training style tailored, practical interactive and relevant to his participants’ business needs. He ensures his participants are challenged, yet have fun while they are learning. He has a deep understanding of how cultures communicate, and gets impressive results in improving peoples’ confidence and communication skills.
BMTG Masterclass methodology
- This three-day Master Class is a highly interactive and participative workshop that is designed to give senior executives and understanding of and the practical ability to use the key business financial skills to improve their business decision making.
- The Master Class uses a combination of participative seminars, discussion, case studies and problem solving to ensure that delegates learn and develop the confidence to use the various principles and techniques.