Managing and Motivating Teams Remotely
A short course for team leaders on building and managing teams online.
The recent situation with the corona virus has forced many leaders to manage their entire team remotely.
In order for delegates to appreciate the complexity of managing teams remotely, this interactive course is going to be delivered remotely.
- How is it possible for managers to build teams remotely?
- How can you motivate remotely?
- How can you make sure your team communicates effectively and are motivated?
We will answer all these questions and more in this essential course for managers of all levels, experience and sector.
Your responsibility is to make sure that work is being done to a high standard. You will learn how to manage a remote team effectively when you cannot rely on traditional management strategies and techniques.
You will learn about the challenges and techniques to maintain a cohesive high performing team.
For businesses to be successful in these difficult times, it is essential that managers and leaders know how to delegate, motivate and empower workers remotely.
Benefits of attending
Attend the four modules and walk away with tools to:
- Understand the benefits of empowerment, motivation and delegation
- Learn to influence colleagues and suppliers effectively and remotely
- Drive continuous improvement by raising performance standards of those around you
- Build great esprit de corps : empowering your remote team to reach new goals
- Build your team’s skill set
- Learn the dimensions of trust and its importance
- Set meaningful objectives
- Understand the importance of reporting for remote teams
Who should attend
Who should attend
This highly practical and interactive course has been specifically designed for any Team Leader, Supervisor, Directors, VPs or Managing Director who have to manage their teams remotely.
This interactive and remotely delivered course involves quizzes, brainstorming, analysis, problem-solving, presentations and case studies.
Participants are actively involved at all stages. The course is going to be low on theory and high on practical examples. This will enable delegates to return to their place of work the following day and to have new tools that they can deploy in order to improve the performance of their teams.
Understanding Delegation and Empowerment in a remote setting
Day 1: The Drivers of Change and the Need
Organizations do not control technology evolution or change. An organization can anticipate change or react to the change when change is presented. Both techniques work. The most effective approach is to do some of both. In order to do that you need to know how to identify potential technologies, their impact on the economy, the industry and your organization. Here is an approach to do just that.
Module one: The challenges of remote working
- Understanding the isolation that workers feel
- Identifying potential problems and challenges for the workforce
- Making sure workers are motivated
- Time management methods that work
- Improve organisation skills in your team
- Building online team culture and trust
Module two: Delegation and Influence
- Building successful remote teams
- Effective delegation
- Delegation—when to and when not to
- How to influence effectively remotely
- ADISCO communication protocols
- How to develop a high performing team
- Understanding group think
Module three: Going forward – Accountability and empowerment
- RACI and project management
- Accountability vs responsibility
- Clarify roles and responsibilities
- Establish working routines and protocols
- Selecting success criteria
- Developing action plans
- Addressing opportunities
Module four: Making it happen
- Fundamental Change Management
- Building resilience
- Utilizing productivity tools
- Explore the main requirements for successful remote working
- Develop an action plan for successful remote working
- Leading from a distance
- Managing your team
Everyone who successfully participates in the training will receive a Certificate of Participation
Meet your Masterclass director: Alistair Stevenson
Helping business leaders improve their performance.
Specialized trainer and business consultant in leadership, crisis management, project management and organisational effectiveness. Areas of expertise: Agile Scrum, Business Strategy, Conflict Resolution, Lean Six Sigma, Sales, Marketing, Pitching, Content Management, Change Management and Leadership Thinking.
Alistair Stevenson is a management professional with extensive experience gained in the marketing, human resources, healthcare and industrial sector. Stevenson has worked at director level for the last 17 years. He is an entrepreneur having 13 years experience creating and managing start ups.
Stevenson currently works as a part time lecturer on the executive MBA program at the University of Economics in Poznan, Poland. The university is ranked number two in Poland and the executive MBA program is also ranked in second place. Stevenson lectures in the fields of; Marketing, International Business, Business Strategy and Lean Manufacturing. He was chosen to be a judge at the Manufacturing Excellence Awards in Warsaw.
Stevenson also works for the European Commission advising where to allocate funding on the Horizon 2020 programme. His job title is Expert Consultant, responsible for evaluating proposals and deciding whether they have commercial potential to be realized and ensuring that they are good value for money for the European taxpayer. He works in the fields of robotics, artificial intelligence and care of the elderly. He has worked remotely in this role for the last six years.
Prior to establishing his own consulting company, Stevenson created a medical recruitment company which reached a turnover of 1.2 million pounds in the first year of activity. He was the Vice President Marketing for MedProGO, the largest independent medical marketing and media house in Europe.
Alistair Stevenson has been running webinars, business workshops and providing training for over 20 years. Apart from providing analysis, Stevenson is an experienced manager and can assist in implementing change within an organization.
Stevenson was originally a construction engineer, before graduating the MBA program at the University of Quebec at Montreal (UQAM). He has recently completed a course in Psychology from Berkeley University, California.
Stevenson has run dozens of highly successful workshops in The Middle East.
- 10 PersonsBook and pay before 05, May 2020$299.00
- 5 PersonsBook and pay before 05, May 2020$349.00
- 1 to 4 PersonsBook and pay before 05, May 2020$399.00
Included in the price
- Soft copy of workbook
- A list of refences for additional reading
- Links to the course lecture videos
- Summary of submitted lessons learned from topic, video or demo
- Certificate of Participation
Download Brochure and Articles
To learn more and view the course outline fill the form below to download the brochure and related articles.