The Business Use of Artificial Intelligence
Short Online Training for Business Managers and Executives to learn the value of AI
The Business use of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Leveraging AI for Business Value
There are many simple AI approaches that yield business value. The key to success in AI is an awareness of what technologies fit your organization needs. Where to identify points of value in applying an AI solution is essential to successful value achievement. Applying AI technology and concepts to everyday processes makes the work easier, more reliable, and more productive.
Organizations that can rapidly sense and respond to opportunities will seize the advantage in the AI-enabled landscape. (Erik Brynjolfsson and Andrew Mcafee, HBR,)
Understanding, organizing, integrating, and delivering AI solutions are a key issue for improved operational performance today. Organizations must be clear about the use and value of AI to avoid chasing an unachievable and expensive dream. Applying an incremental approach to using AI builds on the understanding that small scope opportunities have a high degree of success.
An incremental approach is useful because AI is a collection of technologies. These technologies are used to recognize patterns. The patterns replace the tedium people must do when supporting a process. Identifying these value points of opportunity is the link to successful application of effective AI solutions. Small projects also provide the insight regarding how well AI is absorbed into the every-day operation. There may be resistance to change. However, the positive side promises better paying work, newer and more interesting tasks and less physically demanding and boring operations.
Managers and professionals should prepare for the coming changes. What can we expect from AI capabilities today? What may happen in the future? Answers for these and other questions are part of the value of this course.
This course is key for business managers, strategic planners, marketing analysts, data analysts and architects, planning managers, process analysts, business analysts, business architects, enterprise and IT architects.
Benefits of attending
Expected Learning Outcomes:
- Explain the different uses of AI today
- Understand the techniques used for the different types of AI capability
- Define a roadmap to reach effective use of AI
- Explaining the technology available for AI
- Interpret how AI can help the business
- Select appropriate AI techniques for the business
- Understand the limits of AI
- Suggest operational opportunities for AI
Who should attend
Who should attend
This course is key for business managers, strategic planners, marketing analysts, data analysts and architects, planning managers, process analysts, business analysts, business architects, enterprise and IT architects or anyone interested in the value proposition of AI.
* No previous knowledge of AI is required.
Meet your expert course trainer: Frank Kowalkowski
Frank Kowalkowski is President of Knowledge Consultants, Inc., a firm focusing on business performance, business analytics, data science, business architecture, big data, business intelligence, predictive analytics and statistical techniques. He has over 30 years of line management and consulting experience in a wide variety of industries. He has been involved with many projects both as a user and purveyor of business analytics. He has worked projects in state and federal government dealing with back office operations, legislative compliance and regulatory compliance. He has worked on the federal level with the national defense department, Coast Guard for drug interdiction and other projects. His background includes a number of industries including manufacturing, distribution, supply chain, banking, insurance, financial institutions, health care, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas and chemicals.
More recently Frank has been involved in conducting workshops, professional training sessions and assessments of architecture, data science, governance, compliance, risk and process management efforts. He also develops algorithms for analytics tools particularly semantic algorithms as well as data analysis techniques. He is often a keynote speaker, panel moderator and member at international conferences as well as a conference chair, he has written numerous papers and spoken at conferences on a variety of business subjects. He conducts frequent seminars nationally and internationally on a variety of business management, analytics and information technology topics.
He is the author of a 1996 book on Enterprise Analysis. His most recent publications are a featured chapter in the business book “Digital Transformation: Using BPM You Already Own.” for publication in 2017. His chapter is titled “Improve, Automate, Digitize”, he also has a chapter in the business architecture book titled ‘Business and Dynamic Change’ June, 2015 and a chapter on semantic process analytics in the book Passports to Success in BPM published in 2014 all are available on Amazon.
Business use of AI means there is an orderly method to integrate AI technology into the performance of the organization. With hundreds of statistical, machine learning and neural net models and algorithms this can be a difficult task. However, there are approaches that identify where to apply specific types of AI technology. The starting point is a core understanding of the ideas and technologies of AI.
Session 1 – AI – It is all about patterns
Section 1.1: Artificial Intelligence today
- What do we mean by AI?
- What is the AI value proposition?
- Machine learning versus neural nets
- Video Discussion – AI Today
Section1.2: AI Techniques – Neural Nets & Machine Learning
- Why a neural net?
- What do you get from a net?
- How they work
- Statistical analytics and machine learning
- Machine learning platforms
- Video Discussion – Understanding Neural Nets
Section 1.3: New and Emerging Techniques
- NLP – Natural Language Processing
- Uses of speech recognition – e.g., voice assistants and chatbots
- Text and Semantic Analytics
- The technique of text analytics
- Uses of semantic recognition analytics – Keyword analysis
- Detecting emotions in text – sentiment analysis
- Issues in text analytics – Context understanding
- Interactive Demonstration – Keyword analysis
Once you have an idea of what AI is about, that knowledge helps you understand the categories of AI in use today. Further, it helps sort out what type of AI is useful for your organization. The starting point is looking at the major categories of AI in use today, looking forward to what is emerging and knowing how they are applied.
Session 2 – New and Emerging patterns
Section 2.1: Mapping patterns in data – Deep learning
- What is deep learning about?
- Deep learning and visual recognition, e.g. medical detection
- An example: Fraud detection
- Risk Management and AI
- Trusting deep learning results
- Interactive Demonstration – Sentiment analysis and AI
Section 2.2: Operationalizing AI – What types of AI to use?
- Types of AI leverage for processes
- Intelligent process automation, analytics, and insight
- Machine learning and BPM analytics
- Processes, chatbots and hyper automation
- Hyper automation – A Key emerging Trend
- Video Discussion – AI and BPM
Section 2.3: Leveraging Marketing with AI
- Machine Learning and Buyer Behavior
- Integrating AI in products and services
- Mobile devices and marketing using AI
- Emerging uses of AI for marketing
- Affinity analysis and Correlation Matrices
- Buyer behavior: ‘People who bought this also bought that’
- Demo and Discussion – Understanding Buyer Behavior
Focusing AI efforts on process execution and management needs returns a high value result. AI provides a method of improving organization, process, and individual performance. Additionally, AI contributes to enabling management efforts by improving the daily management journey using management-oriented collaboration. Setting direction strategically can also be enabled with AI methods.
Session 3 – Enabling Performance with AI
Section 3.1: Identifying AI Leverage Points – The Performance Focus
- Linking AI into processes?
- Using too much AI at once?
- The incremental approach – most successful
- Avoid the ‘big bang’ approach
- Using AI to evaluate process performance
- Interpreting the results
- Demonstration – Impact Analysis of Process Factors
Section 3.2: Enabling Management Decisions
- Management tasks and responsibilities
- Starting with sorting the weekly task list – Actions, projects, decision needs
- Using AI to help manage the list
- Ai and the key decisions on the list
- Exercise – What AI fits with key decisions
Section 3.3: Strategic Management and AI
- The value of strategic alignment – hidden relationships
- Aligning the landscape with the organization strategies
- Aligning the strategies with organization structure
- Aligning structure with operations
- Demonstration – Organization Alignment using AI methods
Section 3.4: Creating the AI Roadmap
- Setting up the problem – what is your AI goal?
- What infrastructure will you need?
- The AI portfolio
- Wrap – Summary and Q&A
Knowledge Consultants. Inc. (KCI)
Knowledge Consultants, Inc. is a professional services firm founded in 1984. KCI provides consulting and professional education services. With over 50 courses taught worldwide, KCI provides the opportunity to develop core strengths in the following certification areas:
- Process Management
- IT Management
- Business Performance Management
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Techniques for Business
- Business and IT Architecture
KCI has expanded its training and consulting efforts internationally into Europe, Southeast Asia and the Middle East. KCI has an outstanding list of current and past clients including many of the Fortune’s 100 companies. Consulting focuses on the key areas of Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Business Performance Management, Process Management, Business and IT Architecture, Business Analysis, Using Analytic Techniques for Performance Improvement and IT Management.
- Super Early Bird PricingBook and pay before 26, December 2022$1,499.00
- Early Bird PricingBook and pay before 02, January 2023$1,699.00
- Standard Pricing$1,999.00
Download Brochure and Articles
To learn more and view the course outline fill the form below to download the brochure and related articles.