Advanced Certificate in Bid and Tender Management (ACBTM™)
The ground breaking, globally recognised, Certified Training Program for the modern-day procurement and sales professionals is now available online.
Advanced Certificate in Bid and Tender Management (ACBTMTM)Traditionally delivered in classroom format, Innoverto and BMTG (UK) Ltd. have responded to client requests and have developed a modular online program which will cover the same subject matter but delivered virtually.
Successful delegates will receive the Advanced Certificate in Bid and Tender Management: ACBTMTM.
In the modern fast-paced commercial world where time and money are of the essence, there is high demand for the specialist skills and expertise required to run effective Bid and Tender Management processes. This intensive and interactive certified course provides delegates with the skills and expertise required in these areas to enable them to create real value for their organisations.
The Advanced Certificate in Bid and Tender Management (ACBTMTM) is designed to provide delegates with the ability to operate effectively in the modern demanding commercial environment and to position themselves as indispensable assets to their organisations during any Bid and Tender process.
The Advanced Certificate in Bid and Tender Management (ACBTMTM) looks at the Bid and Tender process from both a buyer and a supplier perspective, covering both the writing and issuing of Invitations to Tender and the writing and submitting of Bids in response. As value needs to be created on both sides of the equation for contracts to be successful, there will be an emphasis on understanding the market from both the buying and selling point of view, ensuring that needs are clearly specified in the ITT and that suppliers can meet these needs.
In addition to a detailed exploration of the bidding and tendering processes, the course includes sessions on vital soft skills such as communication, stakeholder management and persuasion. It will also discuss the challenges involved in the strategic yet practical development of sound, ethical working relationships and in the art of negotiation.
There are numerous case studies and practical exercises for delegates to help cement learning. Questioning is encouraged and there will be plenty of discussion allowing participants to share their own experiences, thoughts and ideas. Each delegate will receive full course notes and a set of templates and other materials that they can take back to use in their own organisation.
The Advanced Certificate in Bid and Tender Management (ACBTMTM) complements the other popular BMTG certified courses such as the Advanced Certificate in Strategic Procurement (ACSP™) and the Certificate in Contract Development, Negotiation & Management (CCDNM™).
Benefits of attending
By attending this course you will be equipped with the skills to:
- Understand what bidding and tendering is all about
- Ascertain real needs, document requirements and write specifications
- Analyse the supply markets using a number of tools
- Identify potential suppliers and potential customers
- Understand how to tender and how to bid
- Know what makes both a good ITT (Invitation to Tender) and a good bid
- Know the rules, regulations and guidelines to follow in bidding and tendering
- Publish tenders that can attract and appoint the best supplier
- Distinguish their bids from the competition – for the right reasons
- Win more contracts
- Avoid corruption in all its forms
- Use e-tendering tools
- Improve their communication, stakeholder management and negotiation skills
Who should attend?
- Procurement Directors / Procurement Managers
- Buyers / Senior Buyers
- Supplier Managers / Supply Chain Consultants
- Sales Directors / Sales Managers
- Business Development Managers /Client Managers
- Technical Sales Managers / Bid Team Leaders
- Business Owners / Executive Directors / Managing Directors / General Managers
- Operations Directors / Operations Managers
- Finance Directors / Finance Managers
- Project Directors / Project Managers / Project Engineers
PLUS, anyone else who is interested in ensuring that the bid and tender process works well in their organisation – matching the right suppliers to the right customers and ensuring value is created on both sides.
Meet your course directors:
Steve is a contract professional with over 20 years experience, and has held senior positions with several large organisations both in the UK and abroad. During his career he has bought a large variety of goods and services and negotiated/managed a lot of large contracts – very often in an international context. For the last seven years he has provided training and consultancy to a variety of clients around the globe.
He is a knowledgeable, interesting and entertaining presenter who is able to draw on his practical experience as buyer, category manager, contract manager, procurement manager and VP Procurement to excellent effect.
Ros is a professional business trainer with a rich and varied career in industry and education. She believes that excellence in communication and other “soft skills” is vital for business success, and has a real passion for instilling learning in others. For the last 10 years she has provided training, coaching and consultancy to a variety of clients in many different countries and from many different organisations.
She is a dynamic and inspiring presenter who, having taught English as a foreign language, is particularly sensitive to the needs of the non-native English speakers.
Steve and Ros work together to deliver BMTG courses, offering you the best of both worlds – a very experienced contract management practitioner backed by an expert in communication and soft skills.
The International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM) – Accredited Certification
The Advanced Certificate in Bid and Tender Management (ACBTM™) is certified, through independent assessment and accreditation, by the International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM) PAS Standard. The accredited certificate reinforces our commitment to assuring the highest recognised Quality Standards in delivering and assessing Programmes internationally.
The International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM) is the union of 48 National and Regional Purchasing Associations worldwide. Within this circle, about 250,000 Purchasing Professionals can be reached. IFPSM facilitates the development and distribution of knowledge to elevate and advance the procurement profession, thus favorably impacting the standard of living of citizens worldwide through improved business practices. The term procurement is taken to embrace purchasing, materials management, logistics, supply chain management and strategic sourcing. Read more on: www.ifpsm.org
The following Procurement and Supply Chain programs offered by Innoverto Training are certified by the International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM).
- Advanced Certificate in Strategic Procurement: ACSP™
- Advanced Certificate in Procurement Compliance: ACPC™
- Advanced Certificate in Bid and Tender Management: ACBTM™
- Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Management: ACSCM™
- Certificate in Contract Development, Negotiation and Management: CCDNM™
This is an unique achievement with BMTG (UK) Ltd being the only organisation in the world, to have achieved this success, with five programs being accredited.
CPD standards Accreditation
Accredited by the prestigious CPD Standards Office.
Any delegate who attends this Accredited course may be issued with a CPD Certificate of Attendance* upon request, which they can use within their formal CPD record for a professional body, institute, or employer. The CPD Standards Office accreditation services works in partnership with the Training Journal and the CPD Institute supporting all forms of professional development and CPD schemes globally and has an increasingly international reputation as the strongest currency in professional development. CPD extends across the globe and is undertaken in most countries. The CPD Certificate of Attendance is issued in soft copy only and contains the applicable CPD credits for each course.
British Council Certificate Validation
The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and builds trust between them worldwide and has offices in more than 100 countries and territories and are active in many more. The British Council provides access to the UK’s assets (language, arts, education and society), especially in big and emerging markets, as well as opportunities for millions of people to engage in global dialogue.
For information on The British Council in your country please refer to: www.britishcouncil.org
The British Council in your country can validate the authenticity of your certificate to confirm that the issuing institution is an accredited one in the UK. This gives you, as a successful BMTG delegate, the added security that your qualification is accredited not only by Qualifi, under the UK Regulatory Framework, but also validated by a prestigious representative body like The British Council.
If you would like to have your certificate validated by the British Council, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and include details of your course (eg dates, location, qualification and certificate number) and we will advise you of the process.
Course Schedule and Presentation
HOW ACBTMTM will be delivered
The ACBTMTM program combines theory and practice. We use team exercises to illustrate how the techniques presented can be applied in a working environment.
The purpose is to use a mix of proven learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented.
The delivery will be facilitated on our own browser-based e-learning platform, and presented through a combination of live “online” workshops and tutorials, interactive exercises, video case-presentations and assessments. Delegates will need access to a PC or laptop with either headphones/speakers and microphone and have access to remote meeting tools in order that they can work together.
Delegates are assumed to be either working from home or, if within the office environment, located in a quiet and separate training room. Having multiple delegates in the same room is acceptable so long as it complies with internal social distancing rules. This program is not conducive to desktop learning where delegates are prone to interruptions and/or distractions.
Modules will be delivered in blocks of between 120 and 150 minutes (some blocks will incorporate multiple modules). The recommended approach is 2 blocks per day and 2 days per week.
The full course will be delivered over a 2-week period culminating in a 2-hour online examination.
Additional tutor support will be provided through a combination of email mentoring and facilitated class online discussions.
Introduction to bids and tendering
- What is Bidding and Tendering all about?
- What makes a good Invitation to Tender (ITT)?
- What makes a good Bid?
- Why is it important?
Understanding the procurement cycle
- The procurement lifecycle from A to Z
- It all starts here – identifying the need and writing the specification
- Strategic Sourcing – key to choosing the right supplier
- P2P (Purchase to Pay)
- Stakeholder mapping – who do we need to involve?
- Stakeholder analysis
- Involving the stakeholders
- Communicating with the stakeholders
Identifying the need
- Business alignment and cross-functional working is key
- Baselining – where are we now, and where do we want to be?
- Gathering requirements
- Needs – not wants
Markets, customers and suppliers
- Analysing markets – Porter’s Five Forces and other tools
- How do buyers look at suppliers?
- How do suppliers look at customers?
- Finding the match – the right supplier for the right customer
Writing the specification
- From requirements to a specification
- What makes a good specification?
- What should and shouldn’t it include
- Output- and outcome-based specifications
The tendering process
- The tendering process from A to Z
- Fairness and transparency – avoiding corruption in all its forms
- Awarding the contract – with an emphasis on value
- Giving feedback to the bidders
Putting together the Invitation to Tender (ITT)
- What’s in a name – ITT, RFP, RFQ and PQQ explained
- Who does what? – good organisation is key to success
- Contents of a good ITT
- Starting with the end in mind – good evaluation criteria
Understanding the sales cycle
- The sales lifecycle from A to Z
- Approaching the prospect
- Writing and presenting the bid
- Handling objections and closing the sale
The bidding process
- The bidding process from A to Z
- To bid or not to bid – the bid /no-bid decision
- Writing, reviewing and submitting the bid
- Getting the response you want
Putting together the bid
- What’s in a name – is this an ITT, or a PQQ, or something else?
- Who does what? – good organisation is key to success
- Contents of a good bid
- It’s all about winning!
- Longlisting and shortlisting
- Bid evaluation techniques – informal and formal
- Weighting and scoring – keep it simple!
- Looking for value – all the time
- What is e-tendering and how does it work?
- The E-RFx
- Responding to an e-tender
Soft skills for procurement and bid-writing professionals
- Communication skills for bidding and tendering
- Persuasion as a key selling skill
- Engagement and motivation
- The art of negotiation
The program will include a series of group exercises, and case studies with a high level of delegate interaction.
ACBTMTM Examination – Only those who successfully complete the examination and participate effectively in the program case studies will receive the Advanced Certificate award.
Schedule and Pricing
- Gulf Standard Time (GST)
- 10:00 – 11:15
- 11:30 – 13:00
- 14:00 – 15:15
- 15:30 – 17:00
- Early Bird PricingBook and pay before 07, January 2021$2,000.00
- Standard Pricing$2,500.00
Download Brochure and Articles
To learn more and view the course outline fill the form below to download the brochure and related articles.