Advanced Certificate in Strategic Procurement (ACSP™)
Advanced Certificate in Strategic Procurement (ACSPTM)
Delivering Success Through Effective Procurement And Supply Chain ManagementEffective Procurement is, and always has been, fundamental to the success of an organisation. On average, over fifty percent of an organisation’s total revenue is passed down the Supply Chain. In many sectors however, this can be significantly more for example in the Public Sector, this can exceed eighty percent.
It is imperative that this expenditure is managed and controlled effectively. Poor Procurement leads to, increased cost, poor quality, delays, loss of control and lack of cost visibility. Proactive, professional Procurement will become a value added function within the organisation. Over time, organisations have realised the value that can be delivered through effective Procurement. At the same time, the value of appropriately qualified Procurement Professionals has also increased. Procurement is now seen as a “Strategic Role” Rather than an “Administrative Role”.
The shift from transactional, operational buying to Strategic Procurement has been quicker in some Industries than others. Organisations that have not yet made the change are being left behind. Commodity, or category, based Procurement provides the optimal structure to help deliver a truly World Class Procurement function.
ACSP™ provides the understanding, framework, tools, and principles that allow organisations to build, embed and develop real Strategic Procurement. On completion of this five day training course you will receive your certificate which has been fully certified by the International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM) PAS Standard.
Benefits of attending
By attending this interactive course you will be equipped with the skills to:
- Understand the Role of the Procurement Function within the Organisation
- Assess the Effectiveness of your Procurement Function
- Effectively Plan and Manage Procurement Projects
- Implement and Develop Commodity based Procurement within the Organisation
- Assess Commodity Markets
- Benchmark Suppliers
- Build and Analyse Comprehensive Tender Documentation
- Understand and Build Effective Pricing Models
- Build and Utilise Effective KPI’s and SLA’s
- Negotiate Effectively
- Deliver Real Bottom Line Efficiencies and Cost Savings
Who should attend?
This highly practical and interactive course has been specifically designed for:
5 Day Course Outline
Understand the Role of Procurement
- Operational Importance
- Make ‘vs’ Buy Assessments
- Build an Effective Procurement Function
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Function
- Understand Cost ‘v’ Capability
Deliver Successful Procurement Projects
- Stakeholder Management
- Obtain and Maintain Buy-in
- Key Project Stages
- Project Documentation
- Communication Strategies
- Team Structures
Understand the Current Position
- ‘Commodity Based Procurement’ Explained
- Identify and Understand Expenditure
- Build Commodity Groups and Structures
- Split Expenditure by Commodity
- Identify and Understand Key Cost Drivers
- Assess and Rank Existing Suppliers
- Identify Strengths and Weaknesses
- Build Simple and Effective Analysis Models
Understand Commodity Supply Markets
- Assessment of Buyer and Supplier Power
- Assess Local, National and International Options
- Generate Competition in the Market
- Supplier Identification, Analysis and Ranking
- Build Effective Commodity Strategies
Build Effective Tenders
- Invitation to Tender (ITT) Fundamentals
- Key Assessment Categories
- Understand and Document Requirements
- Obtain Organisational Buy-In
- Achieve Objectivity and Transparency
- Build Simple and Effective Assessment Tools
- Dealing with Verification Visits
Cost Control and Reduction
- Understand Cost ‘vs’ Price
- Strengths and Weaknesses of Costing Mechanisms
- Understand Cost Drivers
- Introduce Competition
- Obtain Transparency
- Identify Cost Reduction Opportunities
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and Service Levels
- Key KPI Principles
- Selecting Effective KPI’s
- Selecting Appropriate Service Levels
- KPI Frequency
Negotiation – Making all the Hard Work Count!
- Key Steps to Successful Negotiation
- Build the Negotiation Plan
- Build a Position of Power
- Negotiating Styles
- The Negotiating Team
- Closing the Deal
The programme will include a series of group exercises, a personality profile and case studies with a high level of delegate interaction.
*Only those who successfully complete the examination and participate effectively in the course case studies will receive the Advanced Certificate in Strategic Procurement ACSPTM.
Meet your course directors:
Steve is a contract professional with over 20 years experience, and has held senior positions with several large organisations both in the UK and abroad. During his career he has bought a large variety of goods and services and negotiated/managed a lot of large contracts – very often in an international context. For the last seven years he has provided training and consultancy to a variety of clients around the globe.
He is a knowledgeable, interesting and entertaining presenter who is able to draw on his practical experience as buyer, category manager, contract manager, procurement manager and VP Procurement to excellent effect.
Ros is a professional business trainer with a rich and varied career in industry and education. She believes that excellence in communication and other “soft skills” is vital for business success, and has a real passion for instilling learning in others. For the last 10 years she has provided training, coaching and consultancy to a variety of clients in many different countries and from many different organisations.
She is a dynamic and inspiring presenter who, having taught English as a foreign language, is particularly sensitive to the needs of the non-native English speakers.
Steve and Ros work together to deliver BMTG courses, offering you the best of both worlds – a very experienced contract management practitioner backed by an expert in communication and soft skills.
Benefits, knowledge and skills gained by attending the ACSPTM course
- Gain the Advanced Certificate in Strategic Procurement (ACSP™) which is certified, through independent assessment and accreditation, by the International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM) PAS Standard
- Use ACSP™ on your business card and on your resume
- The ACSP™ certificate will be received approximately one month following the close of the training course.
The International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM) – Accredited Certification
The Advanced Certificate in Strategic Procurement (ACSP™) is certified, through independent assessment and accreditation, by the International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM) PAS Standard. The accredited certificate reinforces our commitment to assuring the highest recognised Quality Standards in delivering and assessing Programmes internationally.
The International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM) is the union of 48 National and Regional Purchasing Associations worldwide. Within this circle, about 250,000 Purchasing Professionals can be reached. IFPSM facilitates the development and distribution of knowledge to elevate and advance the procurement profession, thus favorably impacting the standard of living of citizens worldwide through improved business practices. The term procurement is taken to embrace purchasing, materials management, logistics, supply chain management and strategic sourcing. Read more on: www.ifpsm.org
The following Procurement and Supply Chain programs offered by Innoverto Training are certified by the International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM).
- Advanced Certificate in Strategic Procurement: ACSP™
- Advanced Certificate in Procurement Compliance: ACPC™
- Advanced Certificate in Bid and Tender Management: ACBTM™
- Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Management: ACSCM™
- Certificate in Contract Development, Negotiation and Management: CCDNM™
This is an unique achievement with BMTG (UK) Ltd being the only organisation in the world, to have achieved this success, with five programs being accredited.
CPD standards Accreditation
Accredited by the prestigious CPD Standards Office.
Any delegate who attends this Accredited course may be issued with a CPD Certificate of Attendance* upon request, which they can use within their formal CPD record for a professional body, institute, or employer. The CPD Standards Office accreditation services works in partnership with the Training Journal and the CPD Institute supporting all forms of professional development and CPD schemes globally and has an increasingly international reputation as the strongest currency in professional development. CPD extends across the globe and is undertaken in most countries. The CPD Certificate of Attendance is issued in soft copy only and contains the applicable CPD credits for each course.
British Council Certificate Validation
The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and builds trust between them worldwide and has offices in more than 100 countries and territories and are active in many more. The British Council provides access to the UK’s assets (language, arts, education and society), especially in big and emerging markets, as well as opportunities for millions of people to engage in global dialogue.
For information on The British Council in your country please refer to: www.britishcouncil.org
The British Council in your country can validate the authenticity of your certificate to confirm that the issuing institution is an accredited one in the UK. This gives you, as a successful BMTG delegate, the added security that your qualification is accredited not only by Qualifi, under the UK Regulatory Framework, but also validated by a prestigious representative body like The British Council.
If you would like to have your certificate validated by the British Council, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and include details of your course (eg dates, location, qualification and certificate number) and we will advise you of the process.
“The training followed an excellent way of connecting day to day info”
Khaled Al Ali, Head of Procurement & Contracting, Al Hilal Bank, UAE
“I would definitely recommend this course to my colleagues”
Mohammed Khan, Country Purchasing Supervisor, UPS KSA
“A very comprehensive and interactive course”
Yaroslava Melnyk, Manager International Purchasing, Kumptor Operating Company, Kyrgyz Republic
“Loved it! Thank you!”
Linda Abu Ghattas Gomez, Purchasing Coordinator, Toledo, UAE
“It was perfect!”
Mohammed Tahboub, Procurement Officer, E.A.R.T.H. UAE
Schedule and Pricing
- Early Bird PricingBook and pay before 05, September 2021$3,200.00excl VAT tax 5%
- Standard Pricing$3,700.00excl VAT tax 5%
Download Brochure and Articles
To learn more and view the course outline fill the form below to download the brochure and related articles.