Advanced Certificate in Procurement Compliance (ACPC™)
Advanced Certificate in Procurement Compliance (ACPC™)Effective internal and subsequently external audit compliance is a key fundamental in demonstrating effective governance within an organisation. Whilst most internal departments have a specific process work flow, procurement is often extremely difficult to effectively audit as their activities stem from a specific procurement strategy choice.
This advanced course is designed for both Auditors and Procurement practitioners and leads delegates through a systematic approach to enable validation of compliance from the procurement function, whose activities impact upon both upon every line of annual financial statements and upon overall corporate governance.
Uniquely, for procurement team delegates, emphasis is placed upon ensuring that procurement practitioners build an effective yet transparent procurement strategy underpinned by both policy, documentary evidence and audit trails, whilst for auditors the course provides insight into not only how to effectively audit the procurement function, but through knowledge enhancement increases audit sensitivity to potential red flag issues within the procurement function.
ACPC™ provides the understanding, framework, tools, and principles that allow organisations to build, embed and validate audit compliance and risk management within the Procurement function, thereby supporting overall corporate governance.
On completion of this five day training course you will receive your certificate which has been fully certified by the International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM) PAS Standard.
“I have attended so many courses in my procurement carrier but this was the best. The way the facilitators combined the issues of Procurement, Risk and Audit was so marvellous. The course document was also properly arranged.”
Benefits of attending
By attending this interactive course you will be equipped with the skills to:
- Understand the Role of the Procurement Function within the Organisation.
- Assess the compliance level of your Procurement Function.
- Effectively Plan and Manage audit compliance.
- Effectively manage VAT impacts & ensure compliance within the supply base.
- Conduct objective and meaningful audits to underpin governance.
- Demonstrate robust governance and transparency to external agencies & customers.
- Effectively manage non compliant procurement risk & red flag scenarios
- Support your organisation’s Corporate Governance initiatives and policy.
Who should attend?
This highly practical and interactive course has been specifically designed for:
- Procurement Directors
- Corporate Governance teams
- Business Owners / Managing Directors
- Supplier Managers
- Supply Chain Consultants
- Buyers / Senior Buyers
- Operations Managers & Directors
- Finance Managers
- Heads of Governance & Compliance
- Executive Directors
- General Managers
- Divisional Heads
- Project Directors
- Audit team leaders
- Audit staff
- Project Leaders
- Team Leaders
- VAT Compliance Officers.
5 Day Course Outline
Day 1: Understand the Role of Procurement
- Key drivers of Procurement strategy.
- The Strategic Procurement Roadmap.
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Function.
- Developing evidence based procurement.
- Linking Procurement activity to support Corporate Governance.
Understand the role of Audit
- Key drivers of audit strategy.
- The Strategic audit roadmap.
- Conducting effective audits.
- Balancing operational and compliance needs.
- Triangulating Procurement, Audit & Corporate Governance.
DAY 2: Understand Procurement Risk
- The concept of risk.
- Financial risk.
- VAT introduction – overview and risk management.
- Operational risk.
- Market risk.
- Importing risk via the supply base.
- Root cause risk analysis.
- Managing & mitigating procurement risk.
DAY 3: Developing the audit approach – Pre-tender
- Examining the supplier selection process.
- Ensuring VAT compliance – both pre-tender and for new suppliers.
- Validating existing supplier listings.
- Supplier bid concentration.
- Examining tender pre-qualification focus (PQQ).
- Examining the tender (ITT).
- Spend analysis techniques.
- Supplier capability validation systems.
- Potential red flag issues.
- Demonstrating evidence based corporate governance.
DAY 4: Developing the audit approach – Supplier selection
- Validating supplier capability.
- Validating supplier financial stability post VAT implementation.
- Supplier audit visit management.
- Examining supplier scoring systems.
- Managing conflicts of interest.
- Ensuring objectivity within the tender process.
- Potential red flag issues.
Developing the audit approach – post tender- contracts and supplier management
- Key legal principles – avoiding contractual risk.
- Examining supplier performance management systems.
- Objective supplier relationship management.
- Developing supplier interaction policies.
- Managing Cross cultural supplier management audit issues.
- Potential red flag issues.
- Validating & ensuring ongoing Corporate Governance compliance.
DAY 5: Bringing everything together:
- The psychology of audit.
- Effective audit report writing & process management.
- Effective engagement of audit committee.
- Developing continuous improvement initiatives together.
This programme will include a series of group exercises and case studies with a high level of delegate interaction.
*Only those who successfully complete the examination and participate effectively in the course case studies will receive the Advanced Certificate in Procurement Compliance (ACPC™)
Meet your course director:
Patrick Woods, BS, CPSM, CPSD, C.P.M., CPIM
Patrick is an international training consultant and adjunct professor, specializing in Business Administration, Project Management, Management Development, Supply Chain, Logistics, Procurement and Contracts.
He brings 36 years of experience working in Senior Management positions for Fortune 100 corporations and based on his leadership of a multi-national team for Emerson Worldwide, a global technology and manufacturing company, was recognized by the CEO as the: “team of the year”. For the past 20 years, as the Founder of Supply Chain Education, Patrick has worked with over 300 firms based in 30 countries located primarily in the USA, the Middle East, Africa and Central America.
In collaboration with Missouri State University, USA, Patrick has delivered training which includes: leadership fundamentals, how to move from a tactical cost function to a strategic profit function and risk/cost management. His delivery style is: “Edutainment” where he blends best practices with a gentle dab of humor and as a result, he has won outstanding evaluations from major manufacturing to service to government organizations, including to NGOs in warn-torn countries. He divides his time between the USA (Texas) and Central America (Costa Rica).
Benefits, knowledge and skills gained by attending the ACPC™ course
- Gain the Advanced Certificate in Procurement Compliance (ACPC™) which is certified, through independent assessment and accreditation, by the International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM) PAS Standard
- Use ACPC™ on your business card and on your resume
- The ACPC™ certificate will be received approximately one month following the close of the training course.
The International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM) – Accredited Certification
The Advanced Certificate in Procurement Compliance (ACPC™) is certified, through independent assessment and accreditation, by the International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM) PAS Standard. The accredited certificate reinforces our commitment to assuring the highest recognised Quality Standards in delivering and assessing Programmes internationally.
The International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM) is the union of 48 National and Regional Purchasing Associations worldwide. Within this circle, about 250,000 Purchasing Professionals can be reached. IFPSM facilitates the development and distribution of knowledge to elevate and advance the procurement profession, thus favorably impacting the standard of living of citizens worldwide through improved business practices. The term procurement is taken to embrace purchasing, materials management, logistics, supply chain management and strategic sourcing. Read more on: www.ifpsm.org
The following Procurement and Supply Chain programs offered by Innoverto Training are certified by the International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM).
- Advanced Certificate in Strategic Procurement: ACSP™
- Advanced Certificate in Procurement Compliance: ACPC™
- Advanced Certificate in Bid and Tender Management: ACBTM™
- Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Management: ACSCM™
- Certificate in Contract Development, Negotiation and Management: CCDNM™
This is an unique achievement with BMTG (UK) Ltd being the only organisation in the world, to have achieved this success, with five programs being accredited.
CPD standards Accreditation
Accredited by the prestigious CPD Standards Office.
Any delegate who attends this Accredited course may be issued with a CPD Certificate of Attendance* upon request, which they can use within their formal CPD record for a professional body, institute, or employer. The CPD Standards Office accreditation services works in partnership with the Training Journal and the CPD Institute supporting all forms of professional development and CPD schemes globally and has an increasingly international reputation as the strongest currency in professional development. CPD extends across the globe and is undertaken in most countries. The CPD Certificate of Attendance is issued in soft copy only and contains the applicable CPD credits for each course.
- Early Bird PricingBook and pay before 23, October 2023$2,000.00
- Standard Pricing$2,500.00
Download Brochure and Articles
To learn more and view the course outline fill the form below to download the brochure and related articles.